Your Mother's Blog

Yes, I am old enough to be your mother. Some of you. So just stop a minute and listen to someone who HAS been there and done that. Whatever it is. Trust me.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Beauty Secret, Cheap

I just saw a commercial disguised as a faux talk show.
The product was some wrinkle filler.
The "hostess" was consoling her "guest" who had "wrinkles".
Her 33 year old guest.
Or so the caption said.
Poor woman, you think.
A wrinkle problem now?
What will she do when she gets to be, say, 37?
Here's a clue.
Gain 15 pounds.
Nothing fills out those hollows like an extra daily doughnut.
Or whatever.

5 Comments:

At 7/21/2006 7:00 AM , Blogger Sarah Louise said...

Oily skin helps too. At 34, folks still ask me if I'm in school. Finally, I'm flattered. (It only took 15 years...)

Welcome to the blogosphere.

 
At 7/21/2006 2:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wrinkle fillers at age 33? I suppose too much time in the tanning booth could make that necessary, combined with, as you say, an eating disorder resulting in extreme gauntness. But Lord, what will she be using when she's our age? I swear by my Palmer's cocoa butter lotion, it's the best!

 
At 7/21/2006 6:11 PM , Blogger yt said...

Actually, I make my own moisturer: calendula steeped in olive oil.

 
At 8/02/2006 6:16 AM , Blogger BabelBabe said...

I love you. Donut enabler.

 
At 8/02/2006 8:53 PM , Blogger yt said...

I thought it was bear claws?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home