Your Mother's Blog

Yes, I am old enough to be your mother. Some of you. So just stop a minute and listen to someone who HAS been there and done that. Whatever it is. Trust me.

Sunday, July 02, 2006

A Place in the Hierarchy

I pulled up to the fast food restaurant's carry out window. The employee on duty was a man of my generation. After we completed our transaction, my four year old passenger piped up from the back seat "Why did that man call you young lady?"

Uh oh, I thought, here it comes. "What should he call me? Old lady?" I braced myself for the awful truth.

"No, nice lady" she shouted. "You're a nice lady."

Awwww. From the mouths of babes.

1 Comments:

At 7/13/2006 8:30 AM , Blogger BabelBabe said...

My little ones tell me I am a "good girl" on a regular basis. Ah, from the mouths of babes, indeed. How easy they are to deceive : )

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home